Harvest Entries include the important details of your what you harvested (crop + variety) and the amount you harvested. Adding Harvest entries in AgSquared organizes all of your harvest quantities in one place so you can keep track of and tally up your total harvest quantities over the course of a season. Harvest entries can be created in two places:
- Web Application from the Harvest Tab of any Planting or Crop. To learn more about how this works check out this article link.
- AgSquared Mobile Harvest tool. To learn more about adding Harvest Entries in the Mobile Application check out this article link.
- Web Application from the Calendar Tool. To learn more about how to add Harvest activities in the Calendar tool, check out this article link.
- AgSquared Mobile Calendar Tool. To learn more about adding Harvest activities in the Mobile Calendar Tool, check out this article link.
Linking Harvest Activities and Harvest Entries in AgSquared Mobile
In the AgSquared Mobile Calendar when you create a harvest activity, you can simultaneously create a synchronized harvest entry. Your harvest entry will appear in the mobile harvest tool as well as in the harvest tab for the planting that you are harvesting.
To create a harvest lot while recording your harvest activity you first need to:
1. Create your harvest activity
2. Assign a single planting to that activity
3. Mark that harvest activity complete
This is how the steps for creating a harvest lot from a harvest activity work in AgSquared Mobile:
1. In your Mobile Calendar create a Harvest activity
2. Assign a Planting to your Harvest activity
3. Mark the Harvest activity complete by clicking the toggle at the top of the screen
4. Create a harvest lot by clicking the Create a Harvest Lot toggle at the bottom of the screen
5. Enter in the quantity harvested and the unit of measure
6. Click Save
Now the details of your harvest are saved both in your activity as well as in a synchronized harvest lot in the harvest tool
Linking Harvest Activities and Harvest Lots in AgSquared Web Application
There are two ways to link vertical harvest activities and vertical harvest entries from your Web Application.
To link a Harvest Entry to an Activity:
1. Create a harvest activity and assign it to a single planting and give it a harvest quantity (see image below):
2. Once the harvest activity is done, mark it as complete.
3. Once you have marked the harvest activity complete, open the edit activity form and you will see a checkbox with the phrase "Create a new harvest entry for this quantity" in the Harvest Details section (see below).
Alternatively you can scroll over your activity in the Calendar and click on the button:
4. In either window, check the Create a new harvest entry for this quantity checkbox and click Update.
Now you have created a Harvest Entry that is linked to this Harvest Activity
To link a harvest activity to an entry:
1. Create a Harvest Entry using the Harvest tool, and then add a check in the Add a matching activity to my calendar box at the top of the form.
Once you save you entry, a harvest activity will be automatically created and added to your Calendar,
You can also Synchronize any changes that you make to the details of Harvest Entries and Harvest Activities that are linked.
When go to edit a harvest entry, you will notice a new check box at the top of the form titled Synchronize changes with related harvest activity (see below). When you click this check box any changes that you make to your entry will now be reflected in it's related Harvest Activity in your calendar.
Alternatively you can synchronize changes made to your Harvest Activity with changes to your Harvest Entry by clicking on the Synchronize changes with related harvest activity check box in the Edit Harvest Activity form in your Calendar for the related Harvest Activity (See Below):
You can access your related Harvest Activities and Harvest Entries by using the clickable links in the Harvest Activity and Harvest Entry Forms (See Below):
In the Harvest Activity:
In the Harvest Entry: